We’re 5 weeks into the season and by now we have an idea about the defensive matchups we should target and which we should avoid. As the trade market goes, these matchups can inform your moves. Trade the guys looking down the gauntlet and target the guys bound for the rainbow road. Below are lists of the softest and the toughest schedules over the next six to ten weeks. I’ll leave it to you to decide who you like and who you don’t (I will highlight one or two of my favorites).
I am happy to help you put together an offer, though. Leave a comment or hit me up on Twitter @DweezeNutz and we’ll put our heads together.
Easiest QB Schedules
- Matt Ryan – Atlanta Falcons
- Jameis Winston – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Drew Brees – New Orleans Saints
- Gardner Minshew – Jacksonville Jaguars
- Jimmy Garoppolo – San Francisco 49ers
Easiest RB Schedules
- Le’Veon Bell – New York Jets
This is one of my favorite targets this week. Bell looks great with the ball after a year off and even with a 3rd string QB, a bye week under his belt, and zero rushing touchdowns thus far, Bell is still a top 20 back. Sam Darnold is due back in week six and there is every reason to expect the Jets offense to improve. With six top 10 running back matchups over the next nine weeks, Bell is a no-brainer target.
- Marlon Mack – Indianapolis Colts
- James Conner – Pittsburgh Steelers
- Devin Singletary/Frank Gore – Buffalo Bills
- Dalvin Cook (& Alexander Mattison) – Minnesota Vikings
Easiest WR Schedules
- Julio Jones/Calvin Ridley – Atlanta Falcons
Julio Jones is coming off two single-digit fantasy performances and if you’ve read any of these articles, you know that all of my value alarms are blaring. Jones is one of the best and without a single bottom-10 matchup between now and the fantasy playoffs, it is only a matter of time before he, Matt Ryan, and the Atlanta offensive line right the ship.
- Tyler Lockett – Seattle Seahawks
- DJ Moore/Curtis Samuel – Carolina Panthers
- DJ Chark – Jacksonville Jaguars
- Larry Fitzgerald/Christian Kirk – Arizona Cardinals Robby
- Anderson/Jamison Crowder – New York Jets
Easiest TE Schedules
- Vance McDonald – Pittsburgh Steelers
- Jared Cook – New Orleans Saints
Toughest QB Schedules
- Patrick Mahomes – Kanas City Chiefs
It is a very difficult thing to do, trading away the best player at his position, hell, the best fantasy asset in football over the last year and a half. But the fact remains that Patrick Mahomes will face seven bottom-10 matchups over the next 10 games including three games against the toughest two passing defenses in football in New England and Denver. Mahomes is great, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that we see him struggle (relatively, anyway) in the weeks to come. Why not test the market to see what you can get for him? My guess is that you’ll get plenty to make a trade worth your time.
- Dak Prescott – Dallas Cowboys
- Phillip Rivers – Los Angeles Chargers
- Matthew Stafford – Detroit Lions
Toughest RB Schedules
- Leonard Fournette – Jacksonville Jaguars
Fournette got off to a slow start on the season, but as Gardner Minshew and the rest of that offense settled in, he came alive going for 382 total yards in the last two matchups. He is the number four back in that span and perceptions of him are at a career-high. There is a Fournette-truther in your league that has been waiting for this moment since he was drafted. His day has finally come and if you feed into that narrative, you can score quarters on the dime for a guy that faces 10 bottom half matchups between now and your championship week including four of the six toughest run defenses in the league.
- Chris Carson – Seattle Seahawks
- Alvin Kamara – New Orleans Saints
- Christian McCaffrey – Carolina Panthers
- David Johnson – Arizona Cardinals
- Devonta Freeman/Ito Smith – Atlanta Falcons
Toughest WR Schedules
- Juju Smith-Shuster – Pittsburgh Steelers
- Tyreek Hill (et. al) – Kansas City Chiefs
- Adam Thielen/Stefon Diggs – Minnesota Vikings
- Alshon Jeffery – Philadelphia Eagles
Toughest TE Schedules
- Mark Andrews – Baltimore Ravens